Interim (Locum) Pastor – Arkhouse Church, 6 months, part time
Arkhouse Church seeks a part-time (equivalent 2 days/week) interim pastor (locum) to assist in a 3-6 month transition period as the church moves towards a new leadership for 2018.
Arkhouse Church began in 2011 with a Vision to be a church in St Kilda for St Kilda and surrounding suburbs and seeking wherever we can, to be part of the local community. The mission of Arkhouse church is to see people find their refuge and redemption in Jesus.
The church currently consists of 35-50 attendees (mainly university students and young families) on Sundays and 3 current community groups that meet mid-week.
Recently Arkhouse’s founding and Senior Pastor resigned at short notice, and the church community is grieving and rebuilding. The Interim (Locum) Pastor will play a lead role in helping people work through the ongoing grieving process and assisting in moving the church forward in unity and trust in God’s leading and provision.
Key selection criteria
The following describes many of the characteristics and skills of the ideal candidate for the position of Lead Pastor:
- Qualified to serve as an elder,
- Strong marriage – wife supportive of role and willing to assist in pastoring the community,
- Strong personal devotional and worship life,
- Theologically trained,
- 15 years’ (min) experience in church leadership roles,
- Understands and lives out the core missional values of Arkhouse Church,
- Experience in leading and training teams,
- Gifted Bible teacher,
- Experience in leading through grief and rebuilding,
- Well-developed, compassionate pastoral care abilities,
- Experience in smaller ‘hands on’ church/organisational environments,
- Consultative, inclusive approach to leadership.
Duties of the Interim (Locum) Pastor:
- Preaching at Sunday morning services and contributing to teaching plan for 3-6 months,
- Providing ongoing pastoral support to church members on Sunday gatherings, at Community Group and on ad-hoc occasions as required.
- Attending (and potentially leading) a community group,
- Equipping and training - attending monthly leaders meetings and providing counsel and leadership to key leaders.
- Prayer - Attending and providing devotions at monthly prayer meetings,
- Equipping and training - attending monthly elders meeting and providing issues counsel, spiritual leadership to elders
Interested applicants should email their CV and an application letter addressing the above key selection criteria by COB August 11.
For a confidential discussion and/or copy of the position description, Contact Nathan Clarke 0400 442 414 or Chris Jones 0430 399 409.